Thursday, June 23, 2011

Girl yo hair es NAPPY - aka the FRO

So Daniel thinks I should write all the funny things little kids say to me about my hair, here it goes!


We met up with one of my bestest friends Chelsea (we did not take a pic -grrr I need to be better about it - but here is a flashback of our days in Hawaii)
Anyways so her baby Kierra is soooo cute! She was sitting on mommy's lap giggling and then I try to take her so Chelsea can get a plate to eat and she has big eyes, tears start to form, then she starts crying.....so Daniel reaches for her and she is happy and giggling again. I wanted to hold her so I try to play with her again and she crys. She goes to another person and turns around to stare at me. Mind you this isn't the first baby to stare at me - I tend to get that alot. Daniel is like : Britt I think she is scared of your hair. So we test that theory by tying my hair back and yep she comes to me no problem, no tears, and giggling. NO WAY...so this is way funny but I thought possibly a fluke, maybe she was just hungry or something. Later on in the night after playing with giggly Kierra I take my hair down and go back to playing with her and she starts CRYING again - ok so I guess it wasn't a fluke. Bushy hair = scared baby.
Daniel's question: So will our kids be scared of people with straight hair?
HAHAHAHAHA
I love Chelsea and I love Kierra, but you have to admit this is a funny story :D

I tried to find a picture where I wasn't purposely making my hair huge and just having it the way it normally is - so this is one that I found, and currently I am telling my interpretation of the petroglyphs - too bad you weren't there to hear it - pretty epic...

Evidence Story Number 2 (no not that number 2....)

We were walking around Costco and these two little Haitian (I think, but they were black none the less - I'm not racist but this fact will come into play) started pointing at me and giggling saying SHE HAS CRAZY HAIR SHE HAS CRRRRAAAAAZZZYYY HAIR etc. They totally were playing off of each other and rolling in laughter. Their white mom was like I'm soo embarassed - sorry. But I was just laughing and Daniel was making my hair even bigger (if that is possible).
Anyways the point of saying they were black - come on they have nappier hair than me!!! Their hair was up in lotsa braids with berets but their mom said when they take their braids out they call their hair crazy hair so that is what they were referring to. So I guess my hair is unkempt and outta control - as everyone already knows.

I tried to tame it - ended up in a chemical burn to the root and lots of emotional damage so sorry the hair is staying - it fits my personality - and it is FINALLY growing back after 1 1/2 years, so no more trying to "tame" it chemically
Daniel's veggie version of us - I may be a broccoli head, but at least we are around the same height (hahaha yeah right I can dream right?)

Yes I have a fro, yes it is natural, no I am not black - in fact I got my crazy hair from my really white dad (thanks dad) and no it does not taste like spaghetti even though it looks like yes, but what the heck if you don't believe feel free to try and taste it.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha. Love the post. You do have crazy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baahahahaha! I love your hair brit! Poly man! Your hawaiian be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Great post!!! keep posting! She loves you deep down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. I think you've got great hair and I love how you embrace it fully. I hope you and Daniel are doing well!

    ReplyDelete